[asterisk-users] Cisco SIP Firmware

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Thu Jul 6 10:11:51 MST 2006

The 8.2 firmware works just fine (asterisk 1.2.6). I have had exactly
zero problems with it, nothing even weird about it. Pretty trouble-free
IMO.

I believe the phone that doesn't work quite right with the 8.2 SIP image
is the 7970. I have probably 20 7940s/7960s, all running the 8.2 SIP
image without problem. The server name in the caller ID is a little
annoying, but it is really just cosmetic (redial works just fine with
some dialplan stuff you have to do anyway.)