[asterisk-users] spa941 and sip "bye"

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jul 6 07:26:31 MST 2006

Been testing a new spa941 with the latest firmware (sip to sip). I
noticed that unlike 7960's, if a user of a 7960 hangs up at the end of a
conversation, the 941 does not automatically hangup. Rather, the 941
sits there for about 5 seconds, then provides a fast busy.  The 941 user
"must" manually disconnect by either hanging up the handset, or,
pressing the speakerphone button (assuming the call was originally
answered via the speakerphone).

I can't seem to find a config option on the 941 to automatically drop
the call when a sip "bye" message is sent to it. Anyone know if that can
be changed?

FWIW, as a 7960 user for about three years, I really like the overall
functionality and usability of the 941. Kind of surprised me after
dealing with spa3000 issues and other linksys issues for several years.