[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941/7961/7971 wont register with asterisk

dave davemsharp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 07:12:11 MST 2006

I use the same firmware as you on your 7960's and SIP authenticates
ok. On our asterisk side we use the following config

[USERNAME]
 type=friend
 host=dynamic
 canreinvite=no
 username=USERNAME
 secret=PASSWORD
 callerid="Name of person" <switchboardnumber>

The only gotcha i noticed at first was that on the phone itself, the
"Name" and the "authentication name" options had to be set to the
username used in the configuration above.

HTH