[asterisk-users] Invite someone to Conference

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Thu Jul 6 06:54:03 MST 2006

I would like to walk you through it but I have much on my plate right
now that requires my attention.

I will point you in the right direction.

Look at the menu options in MeetMe, the exit menus in particular. These
would allow you (admin) to press a key and exit into the dialplan.

Once in the dial plan you can decide what to do, You can manually call
the invitee or enter the extension and use an AGI to create the call
files and play an automated 'invite' the that person. You could also
parse the voicemail.conf file via the AGI and send them an email. Once
you start with your AGI you will be able to do anything you want.

GOTCHAs:

Make sure that you do not have the MeetMe end when you 'marked' exit the
conference, This would drop all the members when you leave to go 'get
someone else'. These are options to MeetMe.

I am sure there is more to it but I gave you a brief overview.

If you are willing to put whatever you do back into project, I will be
happy to help you along a little more.

Alex