[asterisk-users] SIP connections

Justin justin.cannon at saybot.com
Thu Jul 6 03:01:46 MST 2006

I am building a server that accepts audio over SIP and returns
pre-recorded audio  files based on the result of a recognizer. However,
I am not sure exactly how to establish and collect data over and SIP
connection. I literally only need a program (socket?) to establish the
connection and buffer the audio data to send to a customized recognizer
server (using the Galaxy Communictor framework). I was wondering if I
could strip down Asterisk to provide this functionality? Would this be a
graceful solution, or would it be better to simply write the code from
scratch (does anyone have a reference for this sort of programming - I
have no experience coding for low level interactions)?

Thanks a lot.