[asterisk-users] B2BUA Webbased and Click 2 dial apps

Apollon Koutlides apollon at planewalk.net
Thu Jul 6 01:57:22 MST 2006

Dinesh wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have a requirement of bridging 2 sip connections via asterisk, which
> has to be web based.
>

> A person has to go to a webpage and enter his from sip uri(say sip1) and
> enter another sip uri(say sip2). Upon pressing the connect button, the
> webpage needs to send say a dial sip1 uri and dial dip uri 2 and bridge
> the call? Do I need any special sip api for this? Any ideas will be nice
> J .  Does this webpage has to be on asterisk server running on the
> machine? Or can it be passed as a string to the server from the webserver?

The easiest way to implement this is by placing a call-spool file in the
proper directory  - usually /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing, depends on
your asterisk setup. More details here:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

You can make this work locally (your cgi/jsp/whatever runs on the same
box as the asterisk daemon) - or via nfs, ftp or a million other
'dirty-hack' paths; but there's also another, much cleaner approach
using the Asterisk Manager Interface 'Originate' action:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20Manager%20API%20Action%20Originate