[asterisk-users] International Dialing setup in extensions.conf

Kai Fürstenberg asterisk at fuerstenberg.ws
Thu Jul 6 00:41:58 MST 2006

Thanks Peter,

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 05/07/06, Kai Fürstenberg <asterisk at fuerstenberg.ws> wrote:
>> Just dial the international number completely (e.g. for Germany 0049etc.)
>> In your extension above a number beginning with 011 is being dialed.
>> That is not an international number.
>
> Where were you assuming the OP was dialling from?

You're right, I was wrong. I assumed that 00 is standard.
On http://kropla.com/dialcode.htm is a list of IDDs. So 011 could be
some islands in the Caribic, Canada, USA and some other countries.
I checkd the IP of Von L. and that is located in the US. So 011 is the
correct prefix. Sorry.

But back to the prob again:

Rich Adamson wrote:
> I don't use a PRI here, but it seems to me the "switchtype=" statement
> in zapata.conf has something to do with this. Might research or
> experiment wtih that.

The default switchtype is "national" which is common in the US. So the
default should be ok (If it hasn't been changed). But I think that
changing the switchtype will also concern national calls.

Do you have an astersik console output when dialling an international
number? Is there something in the error log?