[asterisk-users] Possible Bug?

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 18:27:59 MST 2006

it has happen to me , no sound after removing x100p board , and i found,
only because i was not accessing remote the server. i was localy in the
server, and in boot i detect that kudzu had removed my sound board.... from
the config... all running well lbut no audio for playing files like
voicemail.... i've just unplugged sound card, then boot,then plug the card,
new kudzu detection, and all begun working fine...

be aware if u r remote acess, you won't notice this kudzu issue on audio
board detection...

hope it helps!

On 7/5/06, Watkins, Bradley <Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com> wrote:

>  I actually have a server that *may* have exhibited the same problem.  I
> can't say for certain as the system itself was acting a bit wonky, but I can
> say for certain that after we disconnected the PRI (actually, switched it
> over to the secondary box in our cluster) that users connected to that
> system (as opposed to the secondary one) could not hear anything.  This was
> with SIP phones as well, not analog (Polycom 601s to be more precise).
>
> Regards,
> - Brad

> *Subject:* [asterisk-users] Possible Bug?
>

> I believe I've found a possible bug in the Zaptel channel drivers. I've
> been able to recreate this on a couple of servers. One with Asterisk
> 1.2.7.1 and 1.2.9.1,and also Zaptel 1.2.5 and Zaptel 1.2.6. I was testing
> a server configuration with some T1's we have with AT&T. When I disconnected
> the AT&T T1's we were no longer able to check voicemail. I noticed then that
> no messages from the server could be heard. Playback, voicemail or any other
> message the server would play to the caller on the phone. It would display
> on the CLI that it was playing the message but nothing could be heard and it
> would hang the call until it timed out. It took a lot of trial and error
> before I figured out that if I unloaded all related files to the Zaptel
> drivers the messages could then be heard. Reactivated the Zaptel with no
> T1's attached and again it killed the messages. One server has a Wct4xxp
> card and the other using dynamic with Redfone's from Fonbridge. Both reacted
> the same way.
>

> This would not be good if we had a fiber cut somewhere and then our users
> could no longer use their voicemail or any other application that played
> sounds.
>

> Can anyone else recreate this? Do any of you think this is a bug? Should I
> submit a bug report?
>

> I've heard to submit a bug to send it to mantis. What is this and where or
> how do I do this?
>

> Thanks
>

> _____________________
>

> *Kevin Savoy*
>
> *Business Unit Telecom Analyst*
>
> 2218 4th Ave W
>
> Williston, ND 58801
>
> Ph: 701-774-4023
>
> Fax: 701-774-2901
>
> http://www.novo1.com
>
> Novo 1 is a service mark of Novo 1, Inc
>

> The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It
> contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named
> addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose
> it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately
> and then destroy it.

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Marco Mouta