[asterisk-users] Caller Prompts in a Queue??

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:41:00 MST 2006

Yes, it is available out of the box.  Have a look at the wiki and queues.
Something like this should do the trick:

[201]
wrapuptime=30
timeout=30
strategy=rrmemory
retry=15
queue-youarenext=queue-youarenext
queue-thereare=queue-thereare
queue-thankyou=custom/YOUR-MENU-FOR-CUSTOMER-HERE
queue-callswaiting=queue-callswaiting
music=default
monitor-join=yes
monitor-format=wav
member=Agent/1231
member=Agent/1016
member=Agent/1001
member=Agent/1006
member=Agent/1000
member=Agent/1063
member=Agent/1045
member=Agent/1036
member=Agent/1022
member=Agent/1011
member=Agent/1012
member=Agent/1014
maxlen=0
leavewhenempty=no
joinempty=Yes
context=YOUR-CONTEXT-FOR-MENU-HERE
announce-holdtime=yes
announce-frequency=60

Just record the prompt.. it will be played once every X minutes.
And, at any time while on hold, if the customer presses a button in
your menu options it will 'go' since they are holding in that context.