[asterisk-users] delay and jitter issues..

T. Shaw xytek at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 11:42:50 MST 2006

issuing the following command yields this:
iax2 show netstats
                                -------- LOCAL ---------------------
-------- REMOTE --------------------
Channel                    RTT  Jit  Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts  Jit
Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts
IAX2/exgn-6                 46   11   69    43   0     0    1      7    0
40     0   0     0    0      0
IAX2/exgn-8                 47   10   79    30   0     0    0      3    0
40     0   0     0    0      0
2 active IAX channels

Any ideas on how i can alleviate the delay and jitter locally?

The phones are connected to a 100/Full switch (cisco 2900XL) going through a
2621 router for intervlan routing. I'm using GSM to my provider (changed
from ulaw as per a suggestion on a similar issue posted to the list last
week). I do believe however the phones are capable of only doing ulaw, so im
assuming there is some transcodeing going on somewhere.

thanks for any and all suggestions!

Terrelle