[asterisk-users] Basic Asterisk Setup

K Y Iyer Iyer at NDTV.COM
Wed Jul 5 07:58:44 MST 2006

Hi

Am a bit confused about the basic requirements for a simple, small, test
Asterisk setup.

I want to setup a PBX with 8 PSTN lines and 50 extensions.  For
argument's sake we'll assume all 50 extensions and 8 PSTN lines could be
active at some point in the day.

What kind of hardware requires to be inside the Asterisk system for
this?

I understand that the client end will be IP - so no hardware required
for this.

I can purchase Sangoma in India - I am sure - maybe even Dialogic.

I am totally confused about FXSs and FXOs.

Thanks very much

Best wishes

Iyer