[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 won't answer or dial. Help?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jul 5 05:48:47 MST 2006

Stewart Loving-Gibbard wrote:

> I've spent several days now trying to get my TDM400 card to work. I'm
> running TrixBox 1.1 (at least to start). I've tried an old PII 233mhz
> with 256 MB, and a modern Dell Dimension 8400 (P4 3.0 ghz, 1 GM RAM). On
> both machines I have a series of installation headaches, some of which
> seem to be TrixBox's fault, since they are fairly consistent between
> machines.
>
> I can get Asterix & FreePBX working as long as I don't use the TDM400.
> It seems to work great with the soft SIP phone. I can dial into it, get
> voicemail, record messages, etc. But I need it to work with the TDM400
> card to be useful. I've followed the Nerd Vittles and SureTeq guides
> approximately, and think I should have the ability to receive calls and
> dial out over the TDM's FXO port.
>
> When I dial in, and watch from FreePBX's panel, I see that the "Zap 1"
> trunk goes red. The SIP soft phone I have the call directed to then gets
> the call. I have the SIP soft phone on auto-answer, so it picks up. Or,
> rather, it thinks it picks up, since the calling phone continues to ring
> and eventually goes to my POTS voicemail.
>
> A similar thing happens when I dial out. I call my cell phone, Zap 1
> trunk goes red again, and the soft SIP phone says "call established" but
> the call never gets made on the phone line. (I can pick up with a
> conventional phone and get a dialtone.)
>
> It seems to me that * has recognized the TDM correctly, and that I've
> picked the right port on my TDM. But, something is clearly wrong, and I
> can't find mention of this kind of thing in the FAQs.

You're probably correct assuming the TDM card has been recognized.
However, the majority of users on this list are not TrixBox or FreePBX
users and it would appear at least part of your problem might be related
to the various scripts and macros embedded in those implementations.
Therefor, you might pose your questions to the lists supporting those
implementations.

I (for one) became frustrated with the lack of documentation for FreePBX
and gave messing with it. It was taking longer to figure out what was
supposed to be happening then what the benefits of the gui interface was
providing.