[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel 1.2.6 / Upgrade Problem

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 4 08:44:37 MST 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 10:06:27AM -0400, Jerry Brady wrote:
> I've encountered a strange problem in what I thought would be a
> straightforward upgrade to Asterisk 1.2 and was hoping someone out here
> may have run into something similar.
>
> The system is Linux FC3 with a 2.6.9 kernel.  The problem is that the
> new wctdm module will not load during modprobe.  Everything compiles and
> builds just fine.  I have search the 'net and forums for typical
> solutions and even tried to build from the latest source code, but the
> results are still the same.
>
> I ran "make linux26; make install; make install-udev; make config" and
> verified that everything was okay, including the udev configuration.  I
> rebooted, audited my configuration files (the server has a 4-port FXS
> TDM400P card), but still no go.

Assuming that you have the proper kernel-devel package installed, this
should work well.

> modprobe zaptel <---- this works just fine
>
> but when I try to load the module
>
> modprobe wctdm
>
> I get the following returned on the command line:
>
> FATAL: Error inserting wctdm
> (/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.667smp/extra/wctdm.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
> or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>
> and the following in /var/log/messages:
>
> kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_receive
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_receive kernel: wctdm: disagrees about
> version of symbol zt_qevent_lock
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_qevent_lock
> kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_ec_chunk
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_ec_chunk
> kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_transmit
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_transmit kernel: wctdm: disagrees about
> version of symbol zt_unregister
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_unregister
> kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_hooksig
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_hooksig
> kernel: wctdm: disagrees about version of symbol zt_register
> kernel: wctdm: Unknown symbol zt_register

What is the output of 'modinfo zaptel' , 'modinfo wctdm'

ls -l on the location of both. Are they both from the recent install
(look at the dates)

> Is it possible there is something left over from the previous zaptel
> installation that is causing this mismatch?  I'm not sure where to look
> and any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you have an old version of zaptel still loded in the memory. rmmod
it .

> I've already verified the CCITT module is present and tried everything
> else I could dig up to resolve this.  If I can't I'll need to rollback
> to a previous version of the zaptel drivers.

This is a problem with zaptel, not with ccitt.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com