[Asterisk-Users] Help getting International Dialing setup in extensions.conf

Filip Drągowski f.dragowski at ontp.net
Tue Jul 4 07:12:52 MST 2006

> I am having trouble setting up international dialing. I have an asterisk
> server connected to a PRI at our collocation. I have this setup in my
> extensions.conf file, yet I still cannot get connected to international
> calls.
>
> [OUTBOUND]
> exten => _9011.,1,SetCIDNum(XXX-XXX-XXXX|a)
> exten => _9011.,2,SetCIDName("Some Company"|a)
> exten => _9011.,3,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},60)
> exten => _9011.,4,Playback(invalid)
>
> When I called the support line at my collocation, they mentioned that I
> am not setting the call type correctly in the D channel, but I am not
> real familiar with PRI lines. Where does this need to be setup.
>
> Also, I am not sure what this portion  "${EXTEN:1}"  means from my above
> extensions.conf file, is this the root cause?

${EXTEN:1} = Dial(Zap/g1/011[dialednumber],60)
${EXTEN:1} cut 1 leading digit from EXTEN
> Any pointers or real world examples on how to get international dialing
> working in Asterisk would be much appreciated.

Did You try not to set CIDNum and CIDName ?
only Dial.
What number is dialed for international call ?
For poland is 0 + coutry code + area code + number
in You dialplan i can't dial international.
i would dial 90110+countr+area+number dialplan will cut 9
and the number send to telco would be 0110+coutry+area+number
Compare it with Your international dialing rules.
(i got no other ideas for now)
> Thanks
>
> Von L.

F.