[Asterisk-Users] Help getting International Dialing setup in extensions.conf

Von L. methodvon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 06:30:57 MST 2006

I am having trouble setting up international dialing. I have an asterisk
server connected to a PRI at our collocation. I have this setup in my
extensions.conf file, yet I still cannot get connected to international
calls.

[OUTBOUND]
exten => _9011.,1,SetCIDNum(XXX-XXX-XXXX|a)
exten => _9011.,2,SetCIDName("Some Company"|a)
exten => _9011.,3,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},60)
exten => _9011.,4,Playback(invalid)

When I called the support line at my collocation, they mentioned that I
am not setting the call type correctly in the D channel, but I am not
real familiar with PRI lines. Where does this need to be setup.

Also, I am not sure what this portion  "${EXTEN:1}"  means from my above
extensions.conf file, is this the root cause?

Any pointers or real world examples on how to get international dialing
working in Asterisk would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Von L.