[Asterisk-Users] The Asterisk console on a Dell D820 with Intel High Definition Audio.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 3 16:46:06 MST 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 07:33:31PM -0400, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 02:04:43PM -0400, William F. Acker WB2FLW
> >+1-303-722-7209 wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>     Since I'm restricted to the text console, at least for the near
> >>future, I use Asterisk as a softphone.  My new machine uses the new family
> >>of Intel sound chips.  I imagine that I need to specify a device in
> >>alsa.conf, but I haven't a clue what this card requires.
> >>
> >>     Any ideas?

Leave it with the default settings.

> >I suggest that you ask the support lists/forums/IRC channels of your
> >distro. Generally chances are that the distro you install has already
> >picked up the card, unless it is not supported. The information you
> >should provide is the output of lspci / lspci -n .
> >
> >It may also help to run: 'lsmod | grep snd-'
>
> Um.....  Since asterisk is the only app so far that doesn't like the
> soundcard, I thought this might be a better place.

And I bet that this is beccause Subuntu detected your Sound Toaster card
as OLSA whereas you're using as as ASS.

What distro do you have? Wht other apps work with the sound card? What
sound card is it?

If the card is avilble to ALSA, it shouldn't really matter what model
the card is.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406