[Asterisk-Users] WebPhone

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Jul 3 01:17:19 MST 2006

On 3 Jul 2006, at 07:52, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 07/03/06 12:51 Tzafrir Cohen said the following:
>> Web pages, evenwith javascript, are still very limited. For instance,
>> they cannot establish UDP communication on their own with other
>> places.
>> An arbitrary TCP connection is also not so trivial.
>
> presently yes, however this will soon change as browsers open up
> more of their API as they evolve to become containers for
> applications written in javascript.

They already _are_ containers for applications written in Java!

We've written the core functions of an IAX phone in java, then
we provide javascript calls and callbacks to allow you to
control it and get events from it, this gives AJAX level of
skinnablility (is that a word?) and interactiveness.

Tim.

Tim Panton
tim at mexuar.com