[Asterisk-Users] how to ask for number to dial and then dial it?

Cory Forsyth cory.forsyth at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 12:48:09 MST 2006

You could do this:

 [mymenu]

 exten => 8000,1,Answer()
 exten => 8000,n,GoTo(dial-out-rules,s,1)

 [dial-out-rules]
; you'll have to record a prompt, or find an appropriate one in the distribution
 exten => s,1,Playback(dial_number_after_the_beep)
 exten => s,n,Playback(beep)
 exten => s,n,WaitExten(5)

 ; toll-free numbers out pots line
 exten => _1800XXXXXXX,1,Dial(${ANALOG_POTS}/${EXTEN})
 exten => _1800XXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

 ; long-distance out voip line
 exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@myprovider.com,30)
 exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

On 7/2/06, Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla at comcast.net> wrote:
> I want to create an extension say "8000" that prompts the user to
> enter a number and then dial that entered number according to a set
> of rules.  The rules for dialing out are in different context (dial-
> out-rules).
>

> etc...
>

> How do I do it?

web: corybantic.us