[Asterisk-Users] H323 to SIP Gateway

Daniel Salama lists at infoway.net
Sun Jul 2 12:12:46 MST 2006

I'm trying to setup an Asterisk box as an H323 to SIP gateway.
Basically, I'd like to receive traffic in H323 and forward to another
Asterisk box (on the same network) using either IAX2 or SIP so that
the second Asterisk box communicates with other gateways using SIP.

Therefore, if I receive a request from a remote H323 gateway to dial
a particular number, the H323-to-SIP gateway should forward the
request to the Asterisk SIP gateway, who would simply terminate the
call according to whatever rules are defined in the context.

Can anyone tell me how can this be done? I setup chan_oh323 on an *
box and played with the configurations but have not been able to make
it all work. I can place connect the two * boxes using SIP-to-SIP as
well as IAX2-to-IAX2 just fine, but have not gotten the H323 to work.

Thanks,
Daniel