[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Hardware Reliability

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Sat Jul 1 21:31:36 MST 2006

Raymond McKay wrote:

> Might I recommend a large UPS connected to the asterisk Box.  Power goes
> out and system then shuts down gracefully... This should equal no
> worries of card damage.
>
> Regards,
>

> Raymond McKay
> President
> RAYNET Technologies LLC
> http://www.raynettech.com
> (860) 693-2226 x 31
> Toll Free (877) 693-2226

Yup that looks like it is in our future now.  I had thought it was a
misconfiguration of the UPS software on the new machine but apparently
not.  The battery has died in the UPS.  With two machines and displays
it could run them for almost an hour and I have it set to run for 10
minutes then start shutdown then power down the ups 5 min later.

Also as Bruno suggests I'll pick a new UPS that has the phone line
protection as well, though are phone lines are underground to the local
station even though we are in a rural location.  Cheaper than hanging it
on poles I guess.

Thanks

Mike