[Asterisk-Users] feedback on grandstream budgetone

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Tue Jan 31 13:19:47 MST 2006

Hi everyone.

I see many posts complaining about Grandstream equipment, so I thought I
tell the other side of the story as well.
We use Grandstream Budgetone 101 phones in our office and they work
extremely well.
We have no echo, no crashes, no sudden resets, they "just work".
We provision them using TFTP.
Our asterisk box has 2 HFCPCI ISDN BRI cards.
It's running asterisk 1.2.0 on a cheap and very basic fujitsu-siemens
workstation.
It was working well with asterisk 1.0.1-9 as well.

Best of all the budgetone-101 seem to be quite resistant against the
usual mistreatment of slamming down the phone, throwing it against the
wall, pulling and stretching of cords etc.

Kind Regards,

Conrad