[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hangs on 1.2.1

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Tue Jan 31 11:04:05 MST 2006

Anyone have any idea what's causing this or how to debug it?  I'm pretty
sure the root cause is with chan_sccp.so, but not sure how to prove it.

I recently upgraded from CVS-head to 1.2.1 and the chan_sccp from
12-17-2005.  Now, once or twice a week, I get this on the console:

Jan 31 10:39:08 WARNING[10586]: channel.c:784 channel_find_locked:
Avoided deadlock for '0xbf1013e0', 10 retries!

Once this happens, all of my sccp phones drop offline and attempt to
register.  I get no sccp messages on the console.  There's really
nothing on the console to indicate any sort of problem.  If I try to do
an "unload chan_sccp.so" and then load it back, all of my SIP phones
lose their registrations, none of my Zap channels work and I have to
kill Asterisk and restart it.

Is this an Asterisk problem or an SCCP problem?  Help!!

Mark