[Asterisk-Users] dialing 2 channels atthesametimewithdifferentcaller ID number?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Tue Jan 31 08:23:06 MST 2006

Man, if I could only learn to read...

I "looked" at this page 5 times and never saw the plain as day answer to
my question.

>From the wiki;

"Inheritance of Channel Variables
Prepending a single _ character to a variables name in SetVar will cause
that variable to be inherited by channels created by the main channel.
eg. when using Dial(Local/...); once inherited these variables will not
be further inherited. Prepending two _ characters will cause them to be
inherited indefinitelty. (Only works in CVS HEAD, not yet implemented in
Asterisk 1.0.9.)

Note that for retrieval purposes these variable names do not need to
include the underscores.

   [TestInherit]
   exten => 100,1,SetVar(__FOO=5)
   exten => 100,2,Dial(Local/test at CheckInherit)
   exten => test,1,NoOp(${FOO})

will result in FOO being inherited. Without the underscores, the new
local channel would start with a clean slate."