[Asterisk-Users] Interface card for Euro-ISDN (BRI)

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Jan 31 06:15:10 MST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Chris Stenton wrote:
> Can someone tell me the advantage in using an active card such as the AVM-B1
> do they have echo cancelling built in?
> Just that I've got three pots lines and keep thinking I should convert over to
> ISDN but I don't want to get echo issues.

The active cards do the ISDN protocol stuff on board, so the host CPU/driver
does not need to do that -> better performance, less interrupts.
The AVM cards do not have such DSPs on board, so no echo-cancel.
But the Eicon DIVA Server cards do. They do analog Fax/Modem, echo-cancel,
DTMF-detection, voice codec, line interconnect/mixing even to other cards,
... with the on boards DSP. chan_capi-cm is supporting most of the features
and will do more soon.

Armin