[Asterisk-Users] New GXP-2000 Beta firmware available

Rob Thomas rob at wpm4l.com
Tue Jan 31 04:03:53 MST 2006

>From the usual place, http://www.grandstream.com/BETATEST/GXP2000/

Note, there are two (and it took me a bit of a while to figure out)
images to be loaded. Copy the ...a.bin's and the .bin's to your http
provisioning directory, and reboot.  The phone _must_ load the .bin
files before it understands the ..a.bin files.

After it loads the first one, the phone does lock up with the
'Grandstream' logo displayed. I left it sitting there for a minute just
to make sure it wasn't flashing itself or anything, then power cycled
it. Then it requested the a.bin files, and away it went.

For those that didn't see the unofficial beta firmware, these phones now
support BLF and call pickup (but, in a very asterisk-centric way). Use
your standard HINT to get the BLF, but when the user pushes the flashing
button, the phone sends '**[xtn]'. So you want something in your
dialplan like:

Exten => _**XXX,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})

--Rob