[Asterisk-Users] How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Jan 30 15:16:04 MST 2006

> Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:
> > How many TDM2400P cards can I safelly install in one PC? I'm loking
for
> > answers from whoever has a working scenario with * and a number of
cards
> > higher than one.
>

> Depends on the specs of the server. For example, a quad Xeon will be
> able to service many more interrupts/card/channels than a 500 mHz
> Celeron. :-)

Given that one TDM2400P (or even the old 4 port one) generates 1000
interrupts/second, do two cards together have to generate 2000
interrupts/second? Is there, or could there be, a way to synchronise
them so that both cards can be serviced by the one interrupt.

Or is it more the work that needs to be done per interrupt rather than
the number of interrupts that is the problem?

Thanks

James