[Asterisk-Users] How many TDM2400P's will a server take?

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Mon Jan 30 12:25:28 MST 2006

A PICMG card equiped with Pentium M CPU permits to reduce dragsticaly the
power consumption.
As this, you can use more power from your PSU for the interface cards.

But, for several TDM2460E/B cards with a heavy traffic charge (many
simultaneous rings), I believe that it could be better to use a second
separate PSU for the cards.
The peak consumption is about 120 W on the 12Vcc branch if all the 24 FXS
are ringing together.
I think that only an industrial PC can provide a so high power level without
risk during years not a small office server.

You must also think to add further fans to cool the box AND the FXS modules
wich have small heatsinks for the "hot" components.

Francois BERGERET,
France.