[Asterisk-Users] Caller Holds (how to ignore "Drop Call" events from callee?)

Paulo Scardine paulo at braslink.com
Mon Jan 30 10:40:10 MST 2006

Hi,

In Brazilian POTS, the caller holds the callee line hijacked - the call
is not droped until de caller hungs up. I really don't know the right
english term to describe this behavior.

My problem is that its most standard here, and there are a number of
hacks that count on this. For example, to avoid collect calls, you can
setup your PABX to pickup the call, hung and pickup again in the first
1000ms (its called "double pickup"). If its a collect call, the telco
will drop the call.

When I'm dialing (my setup is PSTN only) to some PABX that implements
"double pickup", asterisk receives a "Drop Call" event and byebye...

How can I ignore "Drop call" events from the callee??

TIA,
--
Paulo Scardine