[Asterisk-Users] Manage api- Matching 'Newchannel' event with the 'Originate' command

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:45:17 MST 2006

Hello,

It's kind of sad, but the only way to have the events of a specific
call in EVERY instance have a unique tag to follow is to use the
CallerIDname field.

Call variables(that you can set at Origination) and variable
inheritance have gotten much better in the last year, but they still
don't work in all cases for call identification in the Manager API
output.

CallerIDname is able to be set at almost any stage of a call and is
printed with most Manager API outputs for channel events. Also, on the
USA PSTN network you cannot send out custom CallerIDname anyway so
this makes it a little less painful in terms of causing crazy
callerIDnames being sent out. This is how we track calls with the
astGUIclient Asterisk Central Queue System(ACQS):
     http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/acqs.html

Hope that helps,

MATT---