[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Serusers] adress book

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Mon Jan 30 04:44:23 MST 2006

Yes its how I started (ldap+radius(
But it depends what you want to do.

1) If you want to have nice display in softphone (or hardware phone with
LCD) of global system phonebook and/or private phonebook - I'm sorry, no
vendor is supporting this.
I was trying to convince few videophone manufacturers to support XML or
SOAP, but there are other reasons they won't do it now (they all go
proprietary).

2) If you want to just implement a SIP-like phonebook functionality,
like "you hook-off, you press # and number of phonebook entry and system
dials for you", then voila. You can do it yourself. Just write clever
SER module, or PHP script and use Ldap.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz