[Asterisk-Users] Unable to get IP of eth0

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Sun Jan 29 18:38:37 MST 2006

I would set up the softphone on a public address and see if it works first. How do you set up the sip.conf for the softphone?

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of SoFie
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:41 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Unable to get IP of eth0

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my asterisk server, but I'm having a few problems.

My server is running with a public IP -address.

When I want to set up a call with a softphone in my private network behind a router I'm always having an error message.

In the CLI session we get a message when the softphone starts up.  But after that we get immediately the message

Unable to get IP of eth0 : cannot assign requested addresses.

I'm using NAT so I changed in my router the port forwarding.

So the SIP/RTP ports are forwarding to my PC and there's just one client in my network.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Sofie