[Asterisk-Users] agi debug - unable to set normal priority

Carsten Bock carsten_maillista at cbclass.net
Sun Jan 29 16:11:15 MST 2006

> In my agi-debug i get the following error-message:
>
> AGI Rx << Jan 16 14:45:52 WARNING[18299]: asterisk.c:788 ast_set_priority:
I have the same problem with all (shell) AGIs.
Not sure when it started (about two days ago) and why, i tried to restart asterisk and my server and also reinstalling asterisk.
I'm currently using bristuff-Asterisk 1.2.2 (with no audio patch) on Debian Sarge with a 2.6.14-2-686 Kernel (backports.org),
run as non-root.
The AGIs have worked with this setup.

I've tested a Debian Sarge with Asterisk 1.2.3, same Kernel, also as non-root, but on a different computer with wmware and there it worked.

BTW: The priority set is called in res/res_agi.c (i guess):
> static int launch_script(...) /* Don't run AGI scripts with realtime
> priority -- it causes audio stutter */ ast_set_priority(0); /* Execute
> script */ execv(script, argv);
This was introduced with
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4930