[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as SIP endpoint ?

Peter Molnar pm at wm.sk
Sun Jan 29 03:25:41 MST 2006

Hello,

i want to use asterisk as a ZAP-FXO / SIP gateway.

It works fine when I use a SIP provider and register my Asterisk as client
there - incoming calls are routed to an extension in a specified context.

What I want to do now is to not use the SIP provider and make asterisk accept
calls directly at sip:foo at host-where-astierisk-runs:5060. The best would be
associate foo at ... with an extension, bar at ... with an other extension in the
dialplan.

I did not figure out from the docs how to configure this scenario.

Peter