[Asterisk-Users] changing displayed call info on snom 360

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Sun Jan 29 04:11:56 MST 2006

Several of my SIP users are in the habit of diverting all their calls to
an assistant when they're out of the office.  When these calls ring on
the assistant's phone, she wants to be able to tell which number they've
been forwarded from so that she can say "Joe Blow's phone" or whatever
when she picks up the call.  The assistant's phone is a snom 360, which
normally just displays the number of the calling party while it's
ringing.

Snom's FAQ page at http://www.snom.com/wiki/index.php/FAQs suggests that
I can send a SIP INFO message to the phone to change the displayed call
information.  I did a few experiments with a hacked chan_sip.c, but
wasn't able to produce any visible effect on the phone.

Does anybody have any experience making this snom feature work with
Asterisk, or know of any other way to influence the information that's
displayed on the phone?

Thanks
Phil