[Asterisk-Users] RoadRunner

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:36:58 MST 2006

Hello,

We have used RoadRunner for the last 3 years to conect several of our
offices(IAX2-VOIP and data) and it was great up until about 6 months
ago. At that time we started having random outages and horrible
latency bumps at all of our offices. RR acknowledges the outages, but
they haven't stopped. We still have several a week(from 5 minutes to
12 hours) and we have gotten a lot of credit to our account because of
the outages, but it just isn't worth it anymore. Something seriously
wrong must've happend to the RR architecture here in the Tampa Bay
area about 6 months ago and they cannot/will not fix the problem.

We've had over a dozen different network engineers from RR out to our
various locations and they say that's just the way it is. RR does not
offer any kind of SLA on any of their Cable internet connections so
there is really no recourse other than to complain or drop
service(which is what we are going to do in about 3 months) We will be
evaluating point-to-point data T1s and a newer technology RSair
wireless internet(where they put a tower on your building) starting
next month and neither of those has the shared-network and
infrastructure issues of cable or DSL so I am hopeful it will work for
us.

Your experience depends entirely on the quality of the Cable
infrastructure in your area and whether your neighbors like to hog the
bandwidth in your neighborhood. Good luck.

MATT---