[Asterisk-Users] VOIP carriers and asterisk

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sat Jan 28 10:15:55 MST 2006

>    I am new to asterisk and am looking for a voip provider
> that supports asterisk. I am aware that their are several
> vendors to choose from. Any opinions on the best one?

I think more information will be needed before someone can give you a useful
reply.

Things you might want to consider:
1) What country are you in? a local VoIP provider might give you better call
rates in-country than a foreign provider.  (this isn't always the case
though - check carefully)
2) Where is the provider's network physically located? Do they route
directly to/from the PSTN, or are there other upstream IP networks involved?
3) What latency do you get to their network from the box you're running
asterisk on?
4) Do you require inbound numbers specific to your location? Again, this
might limit your range of providers.

Regards,

Chris