[Asterisk-Users] OT?: International number parsing

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Jan 27 16:32:47 MST 2006

Agreed, that is what I plan to do, but do you know if the numbering
plans are such that a countrycode+citycode+"portion of a local number"
could ever be mistaken for a different country/city combination?

Since international numbers vary in length, and country and city codes
vary in length, there is no way to be sure unless the numbering plan is
such that no combination of citycode plus the start of the local number
could ever be mistaken for a different city code in the same country.

Likewise, there has to be assurance that no combination of
countrycode+start of city code could be mistaken for another country
code.