[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Jan 27 13:56:26 MST 2006

then
> forget it; Asterisk doesn't understand the signaling.  It's actually a
> side
> project of mine to bring that to Asterisk.  :-)
>
> > This is what would be required to truly emulate a "signaling
un-aware"
> > point to point t1 like one that you would get from a telco if you
> ordered a
> > point to point esf/b8zs t1 from A location to Z location.
>
> Not possible unless you want to transmit the entire T1 contents
(signaling
> and
> channels, inuse or not) continuously.  c.f. "TDMOE"  :-)
>
> -A.

that was the goal - a end to end TDMoE path terminated at both ends at
the t1 ports on the Digium card - aware of the idle bandwidth
requirements (about 2.0mbps including packet overhead).

I have not seen any information that says that it is possible to nail a
t1 port to a TDMoE channel group on one end and vice versa so the
signaling could be passed unmodified.

You have to decode the signaling, pass the media, and reproduce the
signaling via asterisk at the remote end, correct? This means that id
the signaling IS non-standard it is a no go.

If it could be done, signaling matters none - the two connected devices
would still understand each others foreign language (signaling) and the
asterisk boxes would just provide a pure Nx64 data path.