[Asterisk-Users] Nagios and Asterisk

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Fri Jan 27 12:11:46 MST 2006

I have used both, just not together.  I have a possible idea though.
If they're running on separate servers, you can have nagios send an
email that the asterisk server receives.  Have different email aliases
for different alerts, or have a script parse the email to see what
kind of alert it is.  Have this script generate a .call file in
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing based on the type of alert.  If they're
running on the same server you might be able to skip having to send an
email (but if not, then just have it send an email to a local user,
it'll work the same).

Personally, I just had Nagios send an email whenever there was a
problem.  If the tech is in front of their workstation, they'll get a
notice immediately.  If not, you could have a text message sent
instead.  Worked great for me.