[Asterisk-Users] No IN and OUT on ISDN line at the same time?

Ralf Mueller prolinux at consultant.com
Fri Jan 27 09:24:26 MST 2006

Hi,

I like to forward an incoming call on an ISDN line to my mobile phone.
Since ISDN offers two channels, I thought that this should work, but Asterisk tells me, that there is no channel available.
There is no one else using this line, so guess I made a mistake in the configuration or it might not work for another reason.
Here's the CLI output , the capi.conf and extensions.conf. 83086921 is the number that I have dialed and zzzzzzz is the number of my mobile phone.

I even tried to setup up [ISDN2] and setting devices=1, too, but it didn't change anything.

*CLI>  == ISDN1: Incoming call 'xxxxxxxxxx' -> '83086921'
    -- Executing Dial("CAPI/ISDN1/83086921-0", "CAPI/ISDN1/zzzzzzzz|20|tr") in new stack
    -- Called ISDN1/zzzzzzzzzz
       > CAPI INFO 0x34a2: No circuit / channel available
    -- CAPI/ISDN1/zzzzzzzzzzz-1 is circuit-busy
  == ISDN1: CAPI Hangingup
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time

;/etc/asterisk/capi.conf
; chan_capi_cm with EICON 2BRI
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8
language=de

[ISDN1]
incomingmsn=83086920,83086921
isdnmode=msn
group=1
controller=1
softdtmf=1
context=demo
echosquelch=1
echocancel=yes
echotail=64
callgroup=1
devices=2

;/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
[demo]
exten => 83086921,1,Dial(CAPI/ISDN1/zzzzzzzzzzz,20,tr)
exten => 83086921,2,hangup

If I forward the call to a SIP phone, or start a call to my mobile phone from a SIP phone, the phones ring.

Thanks for any help or hints,

Ralf