[Asterisk-Users] Newbie SIP trunk question...

Owen Connolly ojc at networkarchitects.ie
Fri Jan 27 06:48:04 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

We are using Grandstream BT-102 phones internally to talk directly to
our SIP provider's SIP server.  Each of our phones is configured with a
CLI provided by our SIP provider.

I have a couple of spare phones and about 5 spare CLI's, so I decided to
set up AsteriskAtHome to see what it was like...  I've got the phones
working with Asterisk, but I'm unsure as to the best way to proceed to
get Asterisk to negotiate SIP/CLI's, etc with out Provider's SIP server.

i.e.  Should I set up each of our CLI's as a SIP trunk or is there a
better way to do things?

Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers,

ojc