[Asterisk-Users] PRI restarting each hour?

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Thu Jan 26 21:00:26 MST 2006

Michael Collins wrote:
> Has anyone else had this symptom?  It seems like my PRI “restarts” each hour.  I’ve got a PRI from Qwest in central California.  What I don’t know is if this is on the * side or on the telco side.  I don’t use my system enough to know if this is a big problem, a minor glitch or just an “undocumented feature” - ☺
>
> Any suggestions on how to track the source of these “restarts?”  Anybody else seen something like this?

It is normal/default behaviour for Asterisk/Zaptel to unused PRI
channels on an hourly basis. The following, from voip-info.org,
describes the zapata.conf entry that will change this behaviour.

*resetinterval*: sets the time in seconds between restart of unused
channels, defaults to
3600 minimum 60 seconds. Some PBXs don't like channel restarts. so set
the interval to a
very long interval e.g. 100000000 or 'never' to disable *entirely*.

Hope this helps.
Steve