[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7970 problems

Andy Green yg at ads.aero
Thu Jan 26 19:01:13 MST 2006

Hi Guys – can’t seem to find a more relevant place to ask this, and since it
is slightly Asterisk-related, I figured I’d ask here….

I was tinkering with my Cisco 7970 and getting the chan_sccp setup to run on
my Asterisk box.  Things were working fine, sort of… I went home for the
night, came back, and the 7970 had suddenly lost its firmware.

I don’t have Call Manager.

When the phone boots, it just goes to the TFTP server looking for
“TERM70.5-0-0-6S.loads” and dies.

Am I poop out of luck with this phone?  Anyone have any suggestions?

I do have access to some versions of Cisco software, but it looks like they
don’t have a plain ZIP file of just the firmware files for 5-0-0-6S… any
help would be greatly appreciated…!

Andy