[Asterisk-Users] To which context a "registered peer" is sent?

Alejandro Mejía Evertsz amejia at gua.net
Thu Jan 26 14:36:36 MST 2006

Hi list.

I’m having problems handling the incoming calls when using asterisk as a sip
client.

For example, on sip.conf I have lines like this:

register => user1:password1 at host1/777

register => user2:password2 at host2/888

[host1]

context=hostnumber1

type=friend

insecure=very

disallow=all

allow=alaw

allow=ulaw

canreinvite=no

secret=password1

username=user1

host=123.321.123.321

fromuser=user1

fromdomain=123.321.123.321

nat=no

language=es

dtmfmode=rfc2833

[host2]

context=hostnumber2

type=friend

insecure=very

disallow=all

allow=alaw

allow=ulaw

canreinvite=no

secret=password2

username=user2

host=123.321.123.321

fromuser=user2

fromdomain=123.321.123.321

nat=no

language=es

dtmfmode=rfc2833

Then, under extensions.conf I have this:

[hostnumber1]

exten => 777,1,Echo()

[hostnumber2]

exten => 888,1,SayDigits(888)

I gues this is the right way to send incoming calls for user1 to an echo
test, and incoming for user2 to get some digits spoken.

I tried this simple thing yesterday, but Asterisk responds “Not Found” to
the INVITE sent from outside.

Please, someone tell me to which context in extensions.conf will those calls
be tried to match.

Thanks for your time ;)

Bye.

Alejandro Mejia