[Asterisk-Users] fax detect DID variable

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jan 26 12:02:29 MST 2006

Has anyone been able to get the original DID number when a fax comes in
and is detected using the Zap fax detect? I am trying to email faxes
based on the DID number it came in on but the CALLERID4 variable only
contains 's' and not the original number. Someone told be the original
id is saved before calling the fax extension. It looks like it is
supposed to be in the FAXEXTEN variable but I think the chan_zap.c file
is detecting the fax tone and calling the fax extension before it gets
saved in the variable. I am using cvs head v1.2.0. I have not updated to
the lastest yet because it has been working and it is our office PBX.

- James Armstrong