[Asterisk-Users] Snom360 Sidecar & Asterisk

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Jan 26 11:42:57 MST 2006

> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 15:31 +0000, c waddy wrote:
> > We are looking to replace our existing Legacy PBX with Asterisk. Our
> > receptionist currently has a light display for a certain extension
> > when someone is on a call. When she needs to transfer she simply hits
> > that button.
> >
> > Is it possible to use a snom360 + Sidecar to monitor 30 extensions and
> > make transfers using the buttons? Does the Cisco 7960 expansion module
> > work with asterisk?

Well - in my experience the 360 sidecar works just fine.

You can see the state of the extension via the light - off for free, on
for in use, blinking for ringing.  You can also use the button to directly
ring the extension of during a transfer.

The only think Asterisk can't so is "shared line appearance" - which is
where you hit the button for a line that's ringing and "grab" the call.

I think work has been done lately, but a minor issue has been that the
subscriptions aren't remembered when asterisk restarts; that does mean a
reboot of the 360 after Asterisk is restarted may be needed to get the
lights working immediately.

Steve