[Asterisk-Users] app_background and app_cepstral

Jason Wolfe jasonwolfe at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 26 10:40:09 MST 2006

currently, when using swift TTS engine with app_cepstral, generated audio is
streamed to the channel.  This means that a call to ceptsral operates like
app_playback.  I need the functionality of app_background.  I'm thinking I
have two options... 1.) use system() to call swift engine, create a
temporary file, background() the temp file, and then delete the temp file.
option 2.) write this functionality into app_cepstral and use a flag in the
call.

Has anyone already solved this problem, or does anyone have another
suggestion?

Jason

Jason