[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Jan 26 06:40:32 MST 2006

TDMoE would allow a T1 like connection only over the local Ethernet segment, since it is not an IP technology it can not be router across ip networks.

This would be useful to connect 2 asterisk boxes on the same Ethernet segment (or with a crossover cable).

The advantage would be lower latency than SIP or IAX - the disadvantage being a constant ~1000 packet per second Ethernet flow requires to keep the channels up.

Won't work...