[Asterisk-Users] * point to point t1 solution?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Jan 26 06:19:49 MST 2006

That would not be a nailed up t1 - signaling at both ends would be via asterisk.

I was trying to determine if there is a way to configure asterisk to emulate a ptp t1 passively (no signaling) - essentially providing the same type of end to end circuit you would get if you ordered a point to point esf/b8zs t1 from the telco.

I know how to set up asterisk to talk to the Nortel (where the Nortel thinks asterisk is a telco trunk) - but that is not my goal here.

I want to replace a T1 TIE TRUNK between to Nortel's using Digium t1 interfaces and an IP link between asterisk boxes, but still allow the Nortel to pass signaling directly back and forth.

Still want to take the challenge?