[Asterisk-Users] Best FXO hardware for home use

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jan 26 06:08:16 MST 2006

I didn't right those products off and in fact use both on a regular
basis. For the price, both are pretty good. However, for a higher price
there are products on the market that _do_ handle echo cancellation in
a very solid fashion (eg, Mediatrix 1204 as one example) regardless of
the analog cable lengths, etc.

To blatantly suggest the spa3k or TDM are the _recommended_ choices
totally ignores their weaknesses. In other words, chose the product that
fits the situation, and for this list there seems to be a large number
of people that don't have a clue how analog lines are even constructed
let alone measured. There is no such thing as one product that fits all
needs.